We, Jupiter Intelligence, Inc, provide climate risk analytics for resilience and risk management. We generally do not have access to personal data, but instead our analytics use data such as land use data, elevation data, and data from satellite, air, and ocean-and land-borne sensors.
This privacy notice describes how and why we might collect, store, use and/or share (“process”) your information when you use our services (“Services”), such as when you visit our website at https://jupiterintel.com/ or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice (“Site” or “Sites”) or engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing or events. Our Site’s main function is to engage in advertising, marketing, promotion, industry outreach and educational efforts which are primarily in a business-to-business context versus direct to individual consumers.
Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with Jupiter’s policies and practices, please do not use our Services or Sites. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What Information We Collect
Personal Information You Disclose To Us
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about Jupiter or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Sites, or otherwise when you contact us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Jupiter and the Services and Sites, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers
- Contact preferences
- Employment information, including job titles and employer company name
We do not process any sensitive personal information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and Sites, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Jupiter may also log the activities of users of the Data Services to gain insights into how users are interacting with the services.
Information Collected From Other Sources
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, and from other third parties. This information includes names, job titles, phone numbers, and email addresses.
2. How We Process Your Information
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with Jupiter Services and Sites, including:
- To send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information
- To request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services
- To send you marketing and promotional communications, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see “Your privacy rights” below
- To deliver targeted advertising to you, including personalized content and advertising tailored to your interests
- To evaluate, develop, support, operate, and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience
- To better understand how our Services are being used so we can improve them
- To better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you
- To comply with our legal obligations, respond to legal requests, and exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights
We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
3. When And With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
Vendors, Consultants, And Other Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Jupiter has contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Cloud computing services
- Data analytics services
- Data storage service providers
- Performance monitoring tools
- Sales and marketing tools
- Social networks
- Service providers solely to provide services to us.
We may also need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- With our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Jupiter’s assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Advertising networks and exchanges, to allow us to serve you advertisements. These third-party ad networks and exchange providers may use third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information about your visit to our site and elsewhere on the Internet. They may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or identifier for advertising (IDFA). The information that these third parties collect may be used to provide you with more relevant advertising on our Sites or elsewhere on the web. Third party cookies are covered by the third-parties’ privacy policies. For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies, interest-based advertising, and how to opt-out of that practice by companies participating in industry self-regulation, please visit the relevant website below based on your country of origin:
- Your Online Choices
- About Ads
5. How Long We Keep Your Information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
6. How We Keep Your Information Safe
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from Jupiter’s Services and Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the Services and Sites within a secure environment.
7. Information From Minors
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services and Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services and Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Your Privacy Rights
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe Jupiter is unlawfully processing your personal information, you have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/items/612080
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Withdrawing Your Consent
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section “How you can contact us about this notice” below. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, when applicable law allows, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Opting Out Of Marketing And Promotional Communications
You can unsubscribe from Jupiter’s marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided in the section “How you can contact us about this notice” below. You will then be removed from the marketing lists. However, we may still communicate with you – for example, to send you service-related messages or for non-marketing purposes.
Cookies And Similar Technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of our Services and Sites. To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Sites visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Information For California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law), permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make a request, please submit your request in writing to us at email@example.com.
9. Controls For Do-Not-Track Features
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a DNT feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online, we don’t respond to them at this time. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
10. Updates To This Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
11. How You Can Contact Us About This Notice
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Jupiter Intelligence, Inc.
181 2nd Avenue, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94401
12. How You Can Review, Update Or Delete The Data We Collect From You
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.