Making Security a Priority
We are thrilled to announce that Jupiter has completed its System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Type 1 audit as part of a rigorous, independent assessment of our internal security controls and overall company process governance as it relates to security, confidentiality, and availability.
As climate risk data becomes a critical part of the enterprise risk management landscape, it is vitally important that enterprises have confidence that their data will be safe and protected by their climate risk analytics provider. Jupiter can now provide those assurances by completing this SOC 2 Type 1 audit.
As Jupiter evolves to enable and support more enterprise customers in a frictionless manner, building rigorous security into our products, processes, and culture is a priority for us. This SOC 2 Type 1 attestation is a key building block to delivering security at all stages of the customer journey.
The Importance of SOC 2 Type 1
A SOC 2 report is an internal control report on the services provided by a service organization to its customers and provides valuable information that existing and potential customers of the service organization need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
The SOC 2® examination was performed by independent auditor BARR Advisory, P.A. and our achievement affirms that our information security practices, policies, procedures and operations meet the rigorous Trust Service Criteria for Security, Confidentiality and Availability.
The following principles and related criteria have been developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements:
- Security: The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- Availability: The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, valid, accurate, timely, and authorized to meet the entity’s objectives.
- Confidentiality: Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy: Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed, and disposed of to meet the entity’s objectives.
Specifically, Jupiter’s SOC 2 report has shown we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy. For a full copy of the report, please email us.