Improve resilience, emergency planning, and citizen engagement
Jupiter works with NGOs to bring solutions to underserved communities throughout the world that suffer most from the effects of climate change. Our climate risk analytics help these countries and vulnerable communities more strategically allocate resources and services to address increasing needs arising from heat shocks and stress. The company’s philosophy is to use funding from investors to develop profitable solutions for corporations and wealthy countries — while making the same solutions available to underserved communities at little to no cost.
The Jupiter Promise works with NGOs such as the Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center at the Atlantic Council, the Moore Foundation, the Nature Conservancy, SYSTEMIQ, and research companies in initiatives taking place globally.
- Develop detailed vulnerability assessments to project the true physical risk of climate perils to regions, countries, and local populations
Risk and resiliency planning
- Offer physical climate risk analysis to help public policymakers, the private sector, and the citizenry to better address the short- to long-term impacts of climate change on public health and safety, economies, and quality of life
- Develop superior emergency response plans to improve public safety, public health, and overall resilience
- Improve development and redevelopment planning, locating key infrastructure in areas less prone to physical risk from climate change
- Examine and, where needed, change critical infrastructure design specifications
- Allocate capital for high priority resilience initiatives